Pages

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Nuclear Furlough

My old friends and colleagues at the NRC got the word today that the agency is out of money due to the appropriations impasse, so the furlough process has begun for all but the "excepted" or "essential" employees - mostly resident inspectors at power plants, emergency operations center staff, and the like.  I thought I'd pull out a few oddball items from my NRC past -- old envelopes that came into the office.
 I'm not sure how BNA had the impression that NRC had something to do with toys!

Apparently GANE (now Nuclear Watch South) and the Catfish Alliance confused us with the FDA, though admittedly NRC does regulate nuclear medicine. GANE was probably sending something about Vogtle Units 1 and 2.

And finally, you've got to give the sender credit. He or she picked the stamp and added the sentiment before sending in what was probably one of the many petitions to close San Onofre 1.

Well, if you can't work, my furloughed friends, it's time to hit the bar! 
How 'bout we meet at...
Drinks on me!

No comments:

Post a Comment